My second trip to Haiti went from August 2 through August 9. It was full of great moments and some of the hardest in my life. Thank you for all of your wonderful prayers and positive thoughts and well wishes! The support from all of you is amazing and a true blessing to Rodner and I!
Let's start with some of the great moments...
I was able to sleep with Rodner in my arms or by my side! He is a great snuggler!
Rodner and I prayed before each meal together and ate together three time every day! He always reminds me to pray for him.
We read books together! He loves to read and look at books!
We laughed together! Rodner has a beautiful smile!
I met Rodner's biological mom and grandmother.
Rodner and I and some of the children at OLTCH did laundry together!
My mom got to meet Rodner and experience OLTCH and Haiti for the first time! This is an important and wonderful connection for her and Rodner!
Rodner and I went to church together and worshiped our wonderful God together!
We played and played and played together and loved and loved and loved each other! It was wonderful!
Part of the reason for my trip to Haiti was to go to court with Rodner's biological mom so that we could sign documents together to further the adoption process. This part of my trip went very smoothly and was full of smiles. I am so happy!
My hope of taking Rodner home was strong throughout the entire trip. I prayed for him to be able to come with us on our trip back to MN on August 9 and I know that many of you were praying for that too. God's plan did not include that route this time. My hope, though, is strong and my faith in Him is great and I know that He will bring Rodner and I together again very soon! Saying good-bye was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do.
Both Rodner and I were broken that morning. Until he is in my arms again, they will be empty. My heart will always be full of our shared memories and our amazing love for each other and for our wonderful Savior! Lots of love to all of you!
Continued prayers and donations are always appreciated!







What a great story! Sorry the end of the trip wasn't what you hoped for...but the good news is, it's not the end of the story!
ReplyDeleteIt's upsetting to look at the picture of you saying good-bye. It reminds me of handing Carter off to the anesthesiologist, Dr. Angel before his surgery. But we just have to pray that it will all turn out. It is so hard to feel helpless. I've found that mom's have to find strength where there seems to be none left sometimes. Someday you will look back with great joy in the path that led you to Rodner and the pain will be a distant memory. Love, Lauren
ReplyDelete