Friday, June 17, 2011

God Chose Us

I have been praying each day this week for God to guide my heart and my mind to make the right choices so that His will may be done.  This was a challenge brought to me by Pastor John at church last Sunday.  It is really amazing what happens when your mind switches to be God centered at all times.
I have discovered that, for a reason not known to me, God chose me to be Rodner's forever family and to spread the word of God in ways that I had not in the past.  This week I received a great outpouring of financial support and lots of love from family, friends and strangers.  On Saturday, June 11, Chuck and Pat Anderson held a Haiti fundraiser at their house and half of the proceeds went to Rodner's adoption process.  This week I met a man on Facebook that is staying at OLTCH for the summer and has a special place in his heart for Rodner.  He is able to share special moments with me that bring me so much joy.  Last night I went to pick up a bed from a family that was selling it for a good price and I left their house with a mattress, box spring, sheets, mattress pad, heated mattress pad, comforter and bed skirt for free.  What a blessing!  Later that night, they called and offered me the headboard and foot board as well because they were so "jazzed" about my adoption story.  Today a friend is bringing over a dresser for Rodner as well.  I am amazed at how God is working in my life and all of the blessings that He is bringing to Rodner and I!  Thank you for all of your donations, prayers, love and support!  God is AMAZING!
A group of friends from Waconia are planning a benefit for Rodner's adoption and you are all invited!  Please save the date of July 19.  More details to follow.  Another example of God's great love and blessings!
Lots of love and blessings to all of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment