Sunday, May 15, 2011

In the beginning...

Our journey began on April 4, 2011.  I traveled to Haiti as a representative of the Waconia School District to establish a connection between 2 schools in Leogane, Haiti and Southview and Bayview Elementary Schools in Waconia, MN.  During my time in Haiti, I stayed at Operation Love the Children of Haiti (OLTCH), an amazing Christ-centered orphanage and loving home to 55 outstanding children run by a fantastic family. 
One night, during worship, Rodner stood in front of me and looked up with his beautiful brown eyes.  I picked him up and we danced to the music being played and sung by the children and adults at OLTCH.  When it came time to pray, Rodner put his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.  At that moment, God put a great love inside me for this seven year old boy.  After much thought and many prayers, I knew that I had heard God's voice clearly.  I started the adoption process on April 24, 2011 and now my heart is overcome with happiness at the future that Rodner and I will share together as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Christi - I am so happy you have decided to blog about this amazing experience. I just knew in my heart that something life-changing was going to happen during this trip, and I was right! I've had so many questions for you, but our schedules never seem to jive, so this is perfect. I can virtually go on the journey with you via the blog. Thanks for sharing something so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip Hip Hurray! Love the picture. Love this journey. Love you.

    ReplyDelete