On November 9, I left for my sixth trip to Leogane,
Haiti. This trip was to be filled with
lots of love, joy and some business.
After spending a night in the Dallas airport, three
different flights and a variety of conversations, my travel companion, Steve
and I arrived in Port Au Prince on November 10 around 3:30 in the
afternoon. A two-hour car ride brought
us to Leogane at the front gate of OLTCH.
As soon as I stepped out of the car, I was greeted with many hugs from
the children and adults of OLCTH. Then,
came the best greeting of all… Rodner
came running out of the dining room at full speed to give me a giant hug. Back together again!
Our days together were filled with laughs, coloring, treats,
games, puzzles, Legos from Dad, love, hugs, prayers, friends, reading, school
and much, much more. Rodner and I can
have fun doing anything together and we make the most of each moment that we
are together. Monday through Friday, Rodner goes to school in the morning. The picture above is of Rodner waiting to board the van to school. The video to follow is when Rodner returned from school. I am so proud of him!
I had a scheduled appointment at the US Embassy in Port Au
Prince at 8:30am on November 13. This means
that I left the orphanage at 6:00am to begin the 2-hour drive back to Port Au
Prince. While at Embassy, I was able to
file my I600 form, which was well received by the Embassy officers and will
classify Rodner as my immediate relative once he lands in the United States on
his trip home. One step closer!
We continue to wait and to pray for the Haitian government
to accept my file, sign the necessary pieces and pass it along to the next
person/agency in line. We also pray for
God’s will to be done and for all glory to go to Him. We are certain that this plan was completely
orchestrated by God and will only be completed through Him.
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of
those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
Romans 8:28
Bobby and I are traveling back to Haiti to celebrate
Christmas with our son. We are so
excited to be together as a family for this wonderful time of year. We wish many blessing and much love for you
and your family as you celebrate this blessed and special time of year.


No comments:
Post a Comment